Friday 20th March is the Pagan Vernal Equinox at 03.50 (Thursday night/Friday morning).
The Equinox is a time when light and dark are equal over the whole world. It's good to mark the moment with silence and stillness. See Joanna's Facebook Equinox/Pelusia Video from 2 years ago - when the Equinox was also on 20th March coinciding with Pelusia.
Representing balance of opposites, symbolically it's a great time to bring harmony and balance into your life.
In the UK and the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, this is the Spring Equinox, in the Southern Hemisphere it's the Autumn Equinox. Equinox Image is by Przemyslav "Blueshade" Idzkiewicz shows the illumination of Earth by the Sun on the day of the Equinox (vernal and autumnal) and is from Wikimedia Commons.
On this day the sun rises exactly at due East and sets at due West. This fact makes it a good day for finding due east and due west from your favourite site for watching the night sky. Simply go outside around sunset or sunrise and notice the exact location of the sun on the horizon with respect to familiar landmarks. See Earthsky Websitefor more.
Here is an Angela McGerr Angelic Meditation with Barakiel (the ruler of Pisces) and Phuel (guardian angel of water) which could be conducted for the Equinox
The Zodiac Sign of Pisces is ruled by Neptune and is of course a Water Sign.
This Equinox day (final day of the Sign) gives you an opportunity to use the healing powers of Barakiel, Ruler of Pisces, and Phuel, Angel Ruler of Neptune, who is also Lord of Waters and Powers of the Moon.
See image of Phuel (right) by Richard Rockwood, taken from Angela's Harmony Angel Cards, last few copies available from our Harmony Shop (as it's now out of print).
Try this exercise with these two mighty Angels. Use it to heal, wash away emotional turbulence and hurt, for heart and thymus to re-expand.
- You could do this exercise while in the bath, or just swimming, or if this is impossible just use your imagination.
- Sit quietly and focus your attention within, thinking about your desire to calm your emotions. Say Barakiel’s and Phuel's names three times to invite them in.
- If you have an aquamarine (one of Phuel's crystals), hold this in your left hand and it will be programmed with healing during this exercise.
- Start taking deep breaths of blue green energy, breathing them right down through your body.
- Imagine you are walking in a beautiful place of nature.
- Presently you come to a pool of crystal clear water, reflecting a blue sky.
- Know that with the power of water energy your spirit can go down into this water to be healed and washed clean of emotional turbulence.
- Imagine that you can step into the water and float in it.
- If you wish to you can merge for a short time with the water itself, becoming the medium that nourishes fish and other water creatures.
- The water is very still, silken in texture and peaceful.
- The sun shines into its depths, lighting the grains of sand at the bottom.
- Let go of your cares; they are washed away by the healing power of water.
- When you feel relaxed, come out of the water (real or imaginary)
- Ask Phuel to seal in your emotional healing, and seal your crystal with silver and aquamarine rays; remember to thank him and Barakiel for their assistance.
By keeping aligned with the movements of our planet, communities retained a sense of harmony and connection, thereby bringing balance and wellbeing into their lives.
Friday 20th March is also Egyptian Festival of Pelusia, with the Egyptian Goddess Isis (Aset) working her spring magic to ensure the flooding of the Nile later in the year, thereby guaranteeing a fruitful harvest. See Joanna's live Facebook Pelusia/Facebook video.
Image of Isis (left), also known as Aset, is by Jacqui Taliesin El Masry of Alkhemi.co.uk
We do have Egyptian Deity Posters available for sale from the Harmony Shop.
According to findwords.info, in the Roman Empire, the Pelusia was a religious festival held on the 20th March to honour Isis (known as Aset to the indigenous Egyptians) and her child Harpocrates (known to the Egyptians as Heru and later called Horus by the Greeks). It would have coincided with the second day of the Quinquatria, the five-day festival dedicated to Minerva(see Blog entry for 19th March). It's not known when the tradition started because the holiday was not featured in the Roman calendar by 100 AD, but had been added by the reign of Marcus Aurelius (161–180 AD).
In the 6th Century AD, John Lydus, the Byzantine scholar, describes the festival as commemorating the mud (we would now know as the alluvial plain) caused from the flooding of the Nile. This ends hunger and drought and generates fertility. It was thought to be represented by the birth of Harpocrates (Deity of silence, secrets and confidentiality), who in Roman art is depicted emerging from mud bearing a Cornucopia.
During the Pelusia, participants were sprinkled with water to obtain immunity from offences to the gods (impunitas periurorum) and rebirth (regeneratio). The sprinkling is thought to recreate the symbolic effect of the flooding, indicating that water from the Nile itself may have been used as a form of holy water as it was in other Isis ceremonies brought to Rome. Regeneratio was also used in connection with Baptism in Christian discourse of the time.
In Egypt, the Pelusia on 20th March, marked the beginning of the sailing season. The day was under the protection of Isis and Serapis (the Graeco-Egyptian version of Osirus combined with Apis, introduced by the Ptolemies in the 1st Century BC).
By keeping traditions, communities retained a sense of harmony and connection, thereby bringing balance and wellbeing into their lives.
For Joanna's events and courses aimed at bringing harmony and wellbeing into your life, including Walton-on-Thames Healing Shares, mini-workshops and Forest Bathing+ Case Studies, see this 2020 Harmony Healing Event Update. Currently, due to Coronavirus, most events will be virtual hence distant readings and healings are proving popular.
To receive regular Blog updates (headed with a title detailing the occasion or event so that you can choose whether to open it or not), featuring New and Full Moon, meteor showers, eclipses and other meteorological events, interesting anniversaries, ancient festival dates plus notification of dates of numerological significance, sign up for the Harmony Healing e-newsletters above or at the top of any page of this Harmony Healingwebsite. The nature of the Blog means that whenever there are several key dates in close succession, there will be frequent mailings. The sender e-mail address is (and the sender will show as Joanna Bristow-Watkins @ Harmony Healing). You may need add this email to your safe list and check your junk filter initially.